Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Progress

I left my painting class tonight covered in paint and grinning from ear to ear. I'm finally starting to get it.

Not that I have any idea what 'it' is exactly - I just know that I'm starting to enjoy the process of painting more and I worry about the technicality less.


Nothing fancy and here it's assisted again by some app-magic but I'm still pretty proud of it. It even got a compliment out of the teacher (albeit for color variations essentially destroyed in this photograph).

I also tried to get pictures of the landscape I did but they didn't come out right - and I don't love it as much as I love the lonely flower anyway. Something about this painting appeals to me tonight. I think it probably has something to do with the fact that the promotion announcement came out firm-wide yesterday and today I felt a little like an ant being tortured by a child with a microscope. All it takes is one good thing happening to you and it seems like people come out of the woodwork to try to set you on fire.

Luckily, I'm not that flammable.

1 comment:

Melody said...

I like the painting!! Good job. :)