Sunday, January 16, 2011

Coming Back

I'm so embarassed. It's been OVER a month. Ugh - I apologize. What a terrible blogger I've been. But I have a reason. No, no - not an excuse. A real, honest-to-goodness reason.

And instead of telling you about it, I'm going to show you:


I know - crazy right? Colin and I are going to be parents.

So you see, I've been absent because I've been, well - there's no delicate way to say this - sick as all get out. And I wasn't ready to spill the baby beans on the internet. I've tried multiple times over the past month to post but... I couldn't seem to keep Baby out of my writing! So I finally just decided to wait.

It's been pretty nerve-wracking really. I'm an anxious worrier by nature and the only thing I knew about my pregnancy really so far was that it makes spending money on good food seem like a complete waste. But last Friday we were able to put our eyes on Baby (via the magic of ultrasound technology) and when I heard the strong sound of Baby's heartbeat fill that little imaging room... my heart soared.

Baby's doing alright.

We're pretty much ridiculously excited. We've been talking all about what we'll be like (and don't want to be like) as parents and I've already filled an entire shelf in the office with good first-books for Baby (girl or boy, Colin wants a little athlete - but I want a reader!). But, regardless of who Baby turns out to be, we are both agreed on one thing - Baby is the new focus of our family.

So now that the news is out - I'll do my best to be back on the blog. And I'll try to keep the baby-blogging to a not-quite-all-consuming level, but I trust you'll forgive me if, at times, I fail.

7 comments:

Karen Gilbert said...

Grandma reminds you that there are those that are BOTH athletes and readers.

Oh, and love that video! :)

Kristie said...

Hopefully Colin's side is athletic, because I'm not really seeing it from the Scrutchfield side! It seems pretty weird to see your mom referred to as Grandma... and Jessica said Great Aunts are old :(

Melody said...

The video is crazy!!! I couldn't get the sound to work :(, but it's so neat to see the heart beating. :)

scrutch said...

The great grands are thrilled also. What an exciting, happy time for you both.

BowenMurphyA said...

Oh my gosh! Congratulations! So, you're due in June, July? Summer babies are awfully special (if I do say so myself).

And now you can join the ranks of "mommy bloggers" I read so much about.

CanDance English said...

Congrats!!!! Being a mommy is a lot of fun....

Mikki said...

Ahhh!!!!! Congratulations Mandy!!! So incredibly excited for you and Colin.